Jacob Have I Loved is the story of Sara Louise and her hatred and anguish against her seemingly perfect twin sister, Caroline. Set in the Pre-WWII and many years after it in a tiny island off of Chesapeake Bay (which I never heard of, so I have to Google it), it shows how Sara Louise or 'Wheeze' as her sister nicknamed her, dealt with having a perfect sister. Caroline is delicate and charming, while Wheeze is the exact opposite, crabbing and catching oysters with the men in the island.
I like most parts of the book, especially when Wheeze had to deal with her feelings with the Captain, an elderly recluse of the island. But what I like the most is how Paterson made you feel exactly how Wheeze felt as you read her thoughts. It's like you're going through the events with her as it is happening.
It's a great book -- BUT! I haven't finished reading it yet haha. I'm already on the last chapters and I am determined to finish it tonight...because I borrowed a new book :))
I've been wanting to read The Royal Diaries ever since I saw the girls reading it. I know, it's a little teeny-bopper but I think it's really cool to read historical fiction. Yes, I am a geek. Why didn't they publish this when I was ten years old?! Anyway, I borrowed the one about Queen Victoria. It seems interesting. It has pictures and facts at the end of the novel. I'll probably read it over the sem break (happy dance...).
xo,
KC

No comments:
Post a Comment